- 1 What tour guide means?
- 2 What is the role of a tour guide?
- 3 What are types of tour guide?
- 4 What are the four types of tour guide?
- 5 What makes a good tour guide?
- 6 How do you start a tour guide speech?
- 7 What skills does a tour guide need?
- 8 What is docent tour guide?
- 9 How can a tour guide become an effective tour guide?
- 10 What is the two types of tour guide?
- 11 How do I become a freelance tour guide?
- 12 What made Shirley decide to become a tour guide?
What tour guide means?
: a person who takes people on trips through an area and explains the interesting details about it.
What is the role of a tour guide?
Tour guides ensure that itineraries are met and that customers are being informed in an entertaining manner the location they are touring. They are also responsible for ensuring the safety of the group and ensuring that tour groups remain together. Tour guides are employed by tour companies, resorts and attractions.
What are types of tour guide?
It is common for the following types of Tour Guides to be available for employers and visitors/tour groups to choose from:
- On-site attractions guides.
- City guides.
- Government guides.
- Specialized guides.
- Independent guide.
- Business and industry guides.
- Duration-based guides.
- Driver guide.
What are the four types of tour guide?
4 Types of Tourist Guides:
- 4.1 1. Heritage.
- 4.2 2. Culture Guide:
- 4.3 3. Adventure Guide.
- 4.4 4. Forest / Wilderness Guide.
- 4.5 5. Business Guide.
- 4.6 6. Coach Guide.
- 4.7 7. Nature Guide.
- 4.8 8. Special Interest Guide:
What makes a good tour guide?
Tour guides should be able to explain facts, history, landmarks, figures, local customs and more. They should also be able to answer additional tour related questions that may come up during the trip. Knowledgeable guides can help make your trip insightful and memorable.
How do you start a tour guide speech?
Here you find some examples of welcoming.
- Welcome. I’m Helina, your guide for this tour. I’ll tell you all about the things you will see.
- Hello everyone. My name is Tiiu.
- Dear guests, Let me introduce myself.
- Hi, everybody. I’m your tour guide Natalja.
- Hi, everybody.
What skills does a tour guide need?
There are six key skills of a tour guide that you should be carrying out on your tours:
- Communication. It should go without saying that every tour guide worth their salt has excellent communication skills.
- A sense of humour.
What is docent tour guide?
1: a college or university teacher or lecturer. 2: a person who leads guided tours especially through a museum or art gallery.
How can a tour guide become an effective tour guide?
10 Tips for Being a Good Tour Guide
- Face the crowd, not what you’re talking about.
- Be personal.
- Tell a story (historical or contemporary).
- Get moving right away.
- Don’t worry about being perfect.
- Get help to get organized.
What is the two types of tour guide?
Driver Guide -also called as “city guide”. The tour guide drives while guiding. Staff guide-tour guide who works in a travel agency. Freelance guide-tour guide who is not connected with travel agency and paid per trip.
How do I become a freelance tour guide?
To be a truly successful freelance tour guide you need to have worked in the field, made friends and networked to build up a relationship with the locals in the areas you will be working, and with the tour companies that will eventually be hiring you. As a freelancer you do not need to work for tour companies.
What made Shirley decide to become a tour guide?
You will hear an interview with Shirley Sullivan about her work as a tour guide. What made Shirley decide to become a tour guide? A She was encouraged by one of her friends.