- 1 What is the qualification to be a tourist guide?
- 2 How can I get tourist board approval in Sri Lanka?
- 3 How many tour guides are there in Sri Lanka?
- 4 Do tour guides make good money?
- 5 Is a tour guide a good job?
- 6 What is a tourist bungalow?
- 7 How do I register as a travel agent?
- 8 What is the tourism industry in Sri Lanka?
- 9 Why do tourists need a guide?
- 10 Who is a chauffeur guide?
- 11 What are tour guide responsibilities?
- 12 What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
- 13 How many hours does a tour guide work?
- 14 What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
What is the qualification to be a tourist guide?
There are some positions for tourist guides that require a high school diploma or a bachelor degree for qualification. Some of the companies prefer candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree or certification in tourism and travel.
How can I get tourist board approval in Sri Lanka?
- The Project Proponent should submit a project proposal to the Director/Planning & Development of the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) (Tel.
- The proposal will be evaluated and the Director, Planning and Development will request the Project Proponent to attend the Development Committee Meeting.
How many tour guides are there in Sri Lanka?
There are 18 local guides in Colombo-Sri-Lanka.
Do tour guides make good money?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Some of the more experienced tour guides earn anywhere between $30,000 and $60,000 per year.
Is a tour guide a good job?
Becoming a tour guide is one of the most rewarding and exhilarating ways to see the world, learn about a country’s culture and history while sharing your love of travel with people just like you. Here’s 8 reasons why being a tour guide is the best way to travel the world and still earn a living.
What is a tourist bungalow?
Tourist Bungalow is a 1975 Indian Malayalam film, directed by A. B. The film stars Prem Nazir, Jayabharathi, Kaviyoor Ponnamma and Adoor Bhasi in the lead roles. The film has musical score by M. K.
How do I register as a travel agent?
How Do You Go About Registering The Company?
- Choose possible names for your company.
- Apply online on with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for the DIN (Director Identification Number)
- Register online for a DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)
- Gather your application materials.
- Complete e-Form 1A.
What is the tourism industry in Sri Lanka?
Tourism has traditionally been the third largest foreign exchange earner in the country. Sri Lanka recorded over 1.9 million tourist arrivals in 2019, a 21 percent drop from the previous year owing to the aftermath of the Easter Terror Attacks. It is estimated that the sector earned around $3.5 billion in 2019.
Why do tourists need a guide?
A tourist guide is an optional, yet, highly recommended service. 7 Reasons for Hiring a Guide
- A guide will tailor a tour to your needs and tastes.
- A guide can take you to places that you would never know about.
- A guide will point out things that you would never notice.
- Using a guide is the best use of your time.
Who is a chauffeur guide?
CHAUFFEUR/ GUIDES (By Cars or Mini Vans): they handle small groups and parties from 01-07 pax. The tours are conducted in air-conditioned micro vans and in semi-luxury cars driven by the guide. The guiding is done by the Chauffeur/Guides, who drive their own vehicle.
What are tour guide responsibilities?
Tour Guide Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all guests promptly at scheduled tour times.
- Outline the tour and timeline before beginning.
- Determine if any guests have physical restrictions that should be considered.
- Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
How many hours does a tour guide work?
Hours/Travel Generally have a set schedule each week. May work part time or full time, but most work less than 40 hours a week. May work more during the summer when more people take vacations.
What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
Jobs that pay between $60,000 and $90,000 and evoke minimal stress include dietician, audiologist, technical writer, hydrologist and geographer. With competitive salaries above $100,000, enjoyable careers include mathematician, astronomer, orthodontist, physicist and political scientist.