- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
- 2 How much money can you make as a tour guide?
- 3 What does a local tour guide do?
- 4 Is it hard to be a tour guide?
- 5 How long does a tour guide course take?
- 6 Are tour guides worth it?
- 7 What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
- 8 What is the job outlook for a tour guide?
- 9 Where do tour guides make the most money?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
- 11 How do you train to be a tour guide?
- 12 How many hours does a tour guide work?
- 13 What is a tour guide called?
What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
How much money can you make as a tour guide?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Aside from this, many tour companies encourage their passengers to tip the tour guides, so this can bump up your salary dramatically.
What does a local tour guide do?
The tour guide’s responsibilities include planning travel itineraries, familiarizing customers with the locality by vehicle or foot, and ensuring that the group remains safe at all times. You should also stay up-to-date with new attractions that may be of interest to customers.
Is it hard to be a tour guide?
Tour guides have a difficult job. If you like to tour the cities you visit, to see historical landmarks in addition to local hotspots and more, it may be a good idea for you to go on a guided tour. It can be difficult to figure out how to schedule in everything you want to see when you’re new to an area.
How long does a tour guide course take?
The full time courses are 2 weeks (10 days) long made up of theoretical and practical training. Thereafter there is a period of 6 weeks in which to complete the set Unit Standards Assessments and a written examination at the end.
Are tour guides worth it?
We’ve always found it to be a great experience and the best way to really dig in to a new city or country. If you are willing to make a new friend on your travels and trust them to make your time together special, then you’ll likely find that hiring a guide is completely worth the money.
What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
Jobs that pay between $60,000 and $90,000 and evoke minimal stress include dietician, audiologist, technical writer, hydrologist and geographer. With competitive salaries above $100,000, enjoyable careers include mathematician, astronomer, orthodontist, physicist and political scientist.
What is the job outlook for a tour guide?
There are currently an estimated 45,800 tour guides in the United States. The tour guide job market is expected to grow by 10.5% between 2016 and 2026.
Where do tour guides make the most money?
Hawaii, California and Alaska are the top states in the U.S. to pay tour guides the highest salaries.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
How do you train to be a tour guide?
That’s why we’ve put together five tips to help you train your guides into excellent touring machines:
- Tip 1: Find the Right Fit Through an Accurate Job Description.
- Tip 2: Use a Protocol.
- Tip 3: Encourage Independent Learning.
- Tip 4: Inspire and Coach Actively.
- Tip 5: Value Your Team’s Feedback.
How many hours does a tour guide work?
Hours/Travel Generally have a set schedule each week. May work part time or full time, but most work less than 40 hours a week. May work more during the summer when more people take vacations.
What is a tour guide called?
A tour guide (U.S.) or a tourist guide (European) is a person who provides assistance, information on cultural, historical and contemporary heritage to people on organized sightseeing and individual clients at educational establishments, religious and historical sites such as; museums, and at various venues of tourist