- 1 What do the letters mean in horse racing form?
- 2 What should I look for in a form guide?
- 3 What does V mean in horse racing results?
- 4 What is the most important factor in horse racing?
- 5 How do I learn horse racing bets?
- 6 What does M mean in horse racing?
- 7 What does run out mean in horse racing?
- 8 What does C mean in horse racing?
- 9 Which horse number wins the most?
- 10 What is the most profitable bet in horse racing?
What do the letters mean in horse racing form?
Other letters to look out for in the form are. P or PU – indicates the horse was pulled up by the jockey and did not complete the race. F – indicates the horse fell. R – indicates a horse refused. BD – indicates the horse was brought down by another runner.
What should I look for in a form guide?
Age, class, weight, barrier, jockey, trainer, fitness, track, distance, tempo, running position, gear changes, luck, lead up form, track condition…the list of variables and considerations goes on and on.
What does V mean in horse racing results?
L = left at start. O = ran out. B = brought down. S = slipped. V = void race.
What is the most important factor in horse racing?
There research suggested that “average amount of money earned per race in the current year” and “average speed rating over the last four races” were the two most important factors. “Lifetime win percentage” was also considered a significant variable, but not so much as the first two.
How do I learn horse racing bets?
The following list spells out the betting procedure step by step:
- State the name of the racetrack.
- State what number race you’re betting.
- State the dollar unit of your bet.
- State the type of wager.
- State the number of the horse or horses you’re using.
- Check your ticket before you leave the window.
What does M mean in horse racing?
The morning-line odds are the odds printed in the program or in the newspaper alongside the entries in the race. They are set by a track employee, usually a handicapper but not always, and are supposed to represent how that individual believes the betting will ultimately shake out for the race at post time.
What does run out mean in horse racing?
run-out bit: A special type of bit to prevent a horse from bearing out (or in).
What does C mean in horse racing?
What does C&D mean? As well as numbers showing the horses’ most recent finishing positions, look out for letters such and C and D next to its name. C means they have won previously at the course and D means they have previously won over the same distance.
Which horse number wins the most?
Winning TAB numbers: TAB number 1 is the most dominant number in trifectas, appearing in 40 per cent of all trifectas. TAB number two is next with 35 per cent, number three with 33 per cent, number four with 31 per cent. The smaller the TAB number the better your chances of getting a successful trifecta collect.
What is the most profitable bet in horse racing?
Unexcitingly, but unequivocally, the most profitable type of bet for the punter or, conversely, the least profitable type of bet for the bookmaker, as far as horse racing is concerned is a single win bet, on just one horse in a race.