- 1 Do I need a guide rail for circular saw?
- 2 Can you use a circular saw as a track saw?
- 3 Are circular saw guides universal?
- 4 What is a track saw good for?
- 5 What’s the difference between a plunge saw and circular saw?
- 6 What’s the best track saw?
- 7 Is it worth getting a track saw?
- 8 Can a track saw replace a miter saw?
Do I need a guide rail for circular saw?
If you need to cut workpieces that must be cleanly and accurately joined together, a circular saw (properly set up) and a guide rail is the way to get this done. The guide rail also helps prevent splinters in your workpiece thanks to the anti-splinter protection at its edge.
Can you use a circular saw as a track saw?
If you try to freehand guide a circular saw along the same path, the result will usually come out uneven and useless, so save some money and build your own track saw using your circular saw and a sheet of wood.
Are circular saw guides universal?
Make multiple cuts in the one setup. Compatible with most circular saws thanks to the universal, sled. Reversible edge guide.
What is a track saw good for?
The track saw is great for ripping boards, cutting trim, and providing splinter-free cuts across panels. The track saw is also excellent when used as a plunge saw because you can set it to a precise depth and it won’t fail you. You have the ultimate in control when working on wood flooring or sub flooring, for example.
What’s the difference between a plunge saw and circular saw?
A plunge saw has a different design which removes the need for a conventional retractable blade guard, as the blade is enclosed within the machine. This ensures multiple benefits versus the traditional circular saw including: The blade can be plunged at any point into the material you are cutting.
What’s the best track saw?
Our Top Picks
- BEST OVERALL: Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2 Inch Plunge Circular Saw Kit.
- RUNNER-UP: DEWALT Flexvolt 60V MAX 6-1/2 Cordless TrackSaw Kit.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Shop Fox W1835 Track Saw.
- UPGRADE PICK: Festool TS 55 REQ Plunge Cut Saw with T-Loc and Rail.
- BEST PORTABILITY: Kreg Circular Saw Track.
Is it worth getting a track saw?
Track saws make long, precise cuts faster and better than table saws and circular saws. They are light and portable, don’t need clamps and set up quickly and accurately.
Can a track saw replace a miter saw?
Technically yes (but it depends on the job). There are some jobs that can be done by a track saw just as well or better than the best table saw, but a track saw does not excel at making rip cuts.