- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
- 2 How do I become a tour guide in Australia?
- 3 Is it hard to become a tour guide?
- 4 How long does a tour guide course take?
- 5 Do tour guides make good money?
- 6 Is tour guide a good career?
- 7 Where does a tour guide work?
- 8 How do I get a job as a travel guide?
- 9 What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
- 10 What should a tour guide say?
- 11 How do I start a tour guide company?
- 12 Where do you register as a tour guide?
- 13 How do I become an international tour guide?
- 14 What job can you get in tourism?
What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
How do I become a tour guide in Australia?
How to become a Tour Guide
- Able to accept responsibility.
- Patient and tactful.
- Understanding and acceptance of different cultures.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent general knowledge of Australia and regional touring areas.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think logically.
Is it hard to become a tour guide?
It’s a competitive field, and you’ll have to work hard to keep your coveted role. You need to be dedicated, but you also need to know how to have fun. You’ll live out of a suitcase, answer hundreds of questions every day, and work with many different personalities and cultures from all over the world.
How long does a tour guide course take?
The full time courses are 2 weeks (10 days) long made up of theoretical and practical training. Thereafter there is a period of 6 weeks in which to complete the set Unit Standards Assessments and a written examination at the end.
Do tour guides make good money?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Some of the more experienced tour guides earn anywhere between $30,000 and $60,000 per year.
Is tour guide a good career?
A tour guide gets the opportunity to see the world. It is a job with no time limit. You have to work for a long 12 hours in a day and may be that on the next day you will be free. It is a good career industry but very competitive.
Where does a tour guide work?
Tour Guides can work in all sorts of locations. They are usually hired by tour operators, hotels, resorts, wildlife parks, cities, museums, or historical sites. Their main task remains essentially the same regardless of their work environment, to guide and show people around their designated locations.
How do I get a job as a travel guide?
How to Become a Travel Guide
- Step 1: Get Educated. Though an education is not mandatory to become a travel guide, O*NET OnLine reports that most travel guides had some college credit but had yet to earn a degree.
- Step 2: Gain Experience.
- Step 3: On-the-Job Training.
- Step 4: Lead your First Group.
- Article Citations.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
What should a tour guide say?
Here you find some examples of welcoming.
- Welcome. I’m Helina, your guide for this tour. I’ll tell you all about the things you will see.
- Hello everyone. My name is Tiiu.
- Dear guests, Let me introduce myself.
- Hi, everybody. I’m your tour guide Natalja.
- Hi, everybody.
How do I start a tour guide company?
Choose a business niche
- Find your passion. The first step to starting your own tour company is to know what you’re passionate about.
- Evaluate your city.
- Identify your target market.
- Research your competitors.
- Name your tour business.
- Register your business.
- Get your business license and permits.
- Register as a tour guide.
Where do you register as a tour guide?
How do I become an international tour guide?
How to Become an International Tour Guide. In most cases, there are no formal qualifications to become a tour guide. Most training is done on the job under the supervision of an experienced guide, though there are opportunities for voluntary certification related to a specific country, culture, site, or tourism zone.
What job can you get in tourism?
What Jobs Can You Get With a Tourism Management Degree?
- Front desk clerk/receptionist.
- Events manager.
- Hotel or resort manager.
- Tour operator.
- Tourism marketing manager.
- Travel agency manager.
- Tourist Information Centre manager.