- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
- 2 Do tour guides make good money?
- 3 Is it hard to become a tour guide?
- 4 Is a tour guide a good job?
- 5 How long does a tour guide course take?
- 6 What job can you get in tourism?
- 7 What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
- 8 What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
- 9 How many hours does a tour guide work?
- 10 How do I start a tour guide company?
- 11 What should a tour guide say?
- 12 How do I get a job as a travel guide?
- 13 How I can travel for free?
- 14 What is a benefit of being a tour guide?
What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
Do tour guides make good money?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Some of the more experienced tour guides earn anywhere between $30,000 and $60,000 per year.
Is it hard to become a tour guide?
It’s a competitive field, and you’ll have to work hard to keep your coveted role. You need to be dedicated, but you also need to know how to have fun. You’ll live out of a suitcase, answer hundreds of questions every day, and work with many different personalities and cultures from all over the world.
Is a tour guide a good job?
Becoming a tour guide is one of the most rewarding and exhilarating ways to see the world, learn about a country’s culture and history while sharing your love of travel with people just like you. Here’s 8 reasons why being a tour guide is the best way to travel the world and still earn a living.
How long does a tour guide course take?
The full time courses are 2 weeks (10 days) long made up of theoretical and practical training. Thereafter there is a period of 6 weeks in which to complete the set Unit Standards Assessments and a written examination at the end.
What job can you get in tourism?
What Jobs Can You Get With a Tourism Management Degree?
- Front desk clerk/receptionist.
- Events manager.
- Hotel or resort manager.
- Tour operator.
- Tourism marketing manager.
- Travel agency manager.
- Tourist Information Centre manager.
What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
Jobs that pay between $60,000 and $90,000 and evoke minimal stress include dietician, audiologist, technical writer, hydrologist and geographer. With competitive salaries above $100,000, enjoyable careers include mathematician, astronomer, orthodontist, physicist and political scientist.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
How many hours does a tour guide work?
Hours/Travel Generally have a set schedule each week. May work part time or full time, but most work less than 40 hours a week. May work more during the summer when more people take vacations.
How do I start a tour guide company?
Choose a business niche
- Find your passion. The first step to starting your own tour company is to know what you’re passionate about.
- Evaluate your city.
- Identify your target market.
- Research your competitors.
- Name your tour business.
- Register your business.
- Get your business license and permits.
- Register as a tour guide.
What should a tour guide say?
Here you find some examples of welcoming.
- Welcome. I’m Helina, your guide for this tour. I’ll tell you all about the things you will see.
- Hello everyone. My name is Tiiu.
- Dear guests, Let me introduce myself.
- Hi, everybody. I’m your tour guide Natalja.
- Hi, everybody.
How do I get a job as a travel guide?
How to Become a Travel Guide
- Step 1: Get Educated. Though an education is not mandatory to become a travel guide, O*NET OnLine reports that most travel guides had some college credit but had yet to earn a degree.
- Step 2: Gain Experience.
- Step 3: On-the-Job Training.
- Step 4: Lead your First Group.
- Article Citations.
How I can travel for free?
Travel Tips to See the World for Free
- Work Abroad in Expat-Friendly Industries.
- Look for Work Exchanges.
- Volunteer Long-Term With the Peace Corps.
- Volunteer With Short-Term Volunteer Organizations.
- Organize Your Own Volunteer Trip.
- House-Sit or Pet-Sit.
- Swap Houses.
- Travel to ‘The Old Country’ for Free.
What is a benefit of being a tour guide?
There are many benefits to being a Tour Guide or a Tour Manager. These are: You get to travel to great vacation spots while also getting paid for it. If you work hard enough you may get good tips, making your salary very competitive.