- 1 How do you become a tour guide?
- 2 What is the average age of the Contiki traveler?
- 3 How much does a Contiki tour cost?
- 4 Is a tour guide a good job?
- 5 What skills does a tour guide need?
- 6 Where do tour guides make the most money?
- 7 What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
- 8 What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
- 9 Is 30 too old for Contiki?
- 10 Is Topdeck or Contiki better?
- 11 Can you do Contiki alone?
- 12 Is Contiki worth the money?
- 13 Do people hook up on Contiki tours?
- 14 Are flights included in Contiki?
How do you become a tour guide?
How to Become A Tour Guide
- Step 1 – Determine whether you actually want this job, and have the skills necessary.
- Step 2 – Determine what kind of guiding job you want.
- Step 3 – Get training and licenses, if necessary.
- Step 4 – Get hired or start your own business.
- Step 5 – Start working, and never stop learning!
What is the average age of the Contiki traveler?
1. The average age of Contiki travellers is 26-years-old. According to Berry, many travel consultants think the average age skews from 18-22 and as such, they don’t believe they have the demographic to sell the product.
How much does a Contiki tour cost?
The tours prices range from around $1000 for about a week to well over $6000 for multi-week trips. Their most popular tours will be around $2000.
Is a tour guide a good job?
Becoming a tour guide is one of the most rewarding and exhilarating ways to see the world, learn about a country’s culture and history while sharing your love of travel with people just like you. Here’s 8 reasons why being a tour guide is the best way to travel the world and still earn a living.
What skills does a tour guide need?
There are six key skills of a tour guide that you should be carrying out on your tours:
- Communication. It should go without saying that every tour guide worth their salt has excellent communication skills.
- A sense of humour.
Where do tour guides make the most money?
Hawaii, California and Alaska are the top states in the U.S. to pay tour guides the highest salaries.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
What is a fun job that makes a lot of money?
Jobs that pay between $60,000 and $90,000 and evoke minimal stress include dietician, audiologist, technical writer, hydrologist and geographer. With competitive salaries above $100,000, enjoyable careers include mathematician, astronomer, orthodontist, physicist and political scientist.
Is 30 too old for Contiki?
Contiki welcomes anyone from ages 18 – 35 and we had everyone that covered all ages: youngest to oldest. It is worth mentioning that I was the oldest male on the trip. It ended up being of no significance as we all had an amazing time traveling throughout a beautiful continent.
Is Topdeck or Contiki better?
Generally speaking, Contiki’s price per day is higher because they include more scheduled activities in their itineraries while Topdeck allows for more free time.
Can you do Contiki alone?
You can go it alone while still travelling alongside young, adventurous, like-minded people from all over the world. Travel solo with Contiki and you’ll never need to pay a single supplement – we’ll buddy you up with a roommate so you can travel solo, at no extra cost.
Is Contiki worth the money?
The only difference with going on your own is that you’ll be paying the same amount of money, but doing all the legwork of booking hotels, excursions, dinners, etc. So if you’d like to just lay back and leave the planning to someone else, a Contiki tour would be a better value to you.
Do people hook up on Contiki tours?
If you’re going on contiki and you want to hook up, you definitely can. But, if you don’t want to, there’s no pressure. There were people on the tour who had partners at home and remained faithful and there were people who preferred to kiss the locals at nightclubs instead of getting involved with people on the tour.
Are flights included in Contiki?
Any flights you take during your Contiki, are included in the cost of your trip. Particularly in regions like Asia or South America, we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.