- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
- 2 How much money can you make as a tour guide?
- 3 Is it hard to become a tour guide?
- 4 How do I get a job as a tour guide?
- 5 How long does a tour guide course take?
- 6 Is tour guide a good career?
- 7 Do tour guides make good money?
- 8 What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
- 9 How much money does a tour guide make per hour?
- 10 What should a tour guide say?
- 11 How many hours do tour guides work?
- 12 Why I want to be a tour guide?
- 13 How do I become a tour guide in another country?
What qualifications do you need to be a tour guide?
In order to be registered as a tourist guide in South Africa, a person must meet the following minimum requirements:
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- must be a South African citizen or be in possession of a valid work permit;
- must have undergone training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider;
How much money can you make as a tour guide?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Aside from this, many tour companies encourage their passengers to tip the tour guides, so this can bump up your salary dramatically.
Is it hard to become a tour guide?
It’s a competitive field, and you’ll have to work hard to keep your coveted role. You need to be dedicated, but you also need to know how to have fun. You’ll live out of a suitcase, answer hundreds of questions every day, and work with many different personalities and cultures from all over the world.
How do I get a job as a tour guide?
You can also become a tour guide through an apprenticeship or traineeship. Entry requirements may vary, but employers generally require Year 10. Entry to this occupation may also be improved if you have relevant experience in the hospitality or tourism industries.
How long does a tour guide course take?
The full time courses are 2 weeks (10 days) long made up of theoretical and practical training. Thereafter there is a period of 6 weeks in which to complete the set Unit Standards Assessments and a written examination at the end.
Is tour guide a good career?
A tour guide gets the opportunity to see the world. It is a job with no time limit. You have to work for a long 12 hours in a day and may be that on the next day you will be free. It is a good career industry but very competitive.
Do tour guides make good money?
Did you know that the average tour guide makes $29,507 per year? That’s valued at $14.19 per hour! The range surrounding that average can vary between $17,000 and $50,000, meaning tour guides have the opportunity to earn more once they move past entry-level roles.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
How much money does a tour guide make per hour?
The average wage for a tour guide in the United States is around $11.32 per hour.
What should a tour guide say?
Here you find some examples of welcoming.
- Welcome. I’m Helina, your guide for this tour. I’ll tell you all about the things you will see.
- Hello everyone. My name is Tiiu.
- Dear guests, Let me introduce myself.
- Hi, everybody. I’m your tour guide Natalja.
- Hi, everybody.
How many hours do tour guides work?
Hours/Travel Generally have a set schedule each week. May work part time or full time, but most work less than 40 hours a week. May work more during the summer when more people take vacations.
Why I want to be a tour guide?
8 Reasons Why Being a Tour Guide is the Best Job
- You’ll learn a valuable skill set for a future career.
- You will see more countries & cities than you ever thought possible.
- You will be living the dream.
- You’ll become an expert on history, art and architecture.
- Your colleagues will be just like you!
How do I become a tour guide in another country?
How to Become a Travel Guide
- Step 1: Get Educated. Though an education is not mandatory to become a travel guide, O*NET OnLine reports that most travel guides had some college credit but had yet to earn a degree.
- Step 2: Gain Experience.
- Step 3: On-the-Job Training.
- Step 4: Lead your First Group.
- Article Citations.