- 1 How do you read a race form guide?
- 2 What does F mean in greyhound form?
- 3 How do you pick a winning greyhound?
- 4 What does B form mean in greyhound racing?
- 5 What does run out mean in horse racing?
- 6 How do you read a greyhound career?
- 7 What does t mean in greyhounds?
- 8 What number greyhound wins the most?
- 9 What is the fastest greyhound ever?
- 10 How do you bet on the dog strategy?
- 11 What is the highest grade in greyhound racing?
- 12 What does M mean in greyhound racing?
- 13 What does HP mean in greyhound racing?
How do you read a race form guide?
Form runs from left to right, with the oldest races on the left and the most recent on the right.
- The numbers 1-9 indicate the position the horse finished in the race.
- The number 0 indicates that the horse finished outside the first 9.
- The symbol – separates racing seasons.
What does F mean in greyhound form?
F. Far Turn – The third turn of the racetrack.
How do you pick a winning greyhound?
5 Tips to Identify a Winning Bet for Greyhound Racing
- Play greyhound races that you have complete information. Assuming that you want to play a trifecta to bring home tons of cash.
- Know the age of the greyhound.
- Choose a greyhound that performs consistently.
- Study the greyhound’s form.
- 5. Box draw & track.
What does B form mean in greyhound racing?
U.K. – B Grade – (B1 – B6) This grade prefix usually indicates to either a slightly shorter or longer middle-distance. As for the OR classification, that means ” open race ” meaning it is the highest level of racing in the UK.
What does run out mean in horse racing?
run-out bit: A special type of bit to prevent a horse from bearing out (or in).
How do you read a greyhound career?
Career: Number of career starts, and the amount of win, second, and third places.. Last 5: The dogs finishing position for its last five races. Track/Distance: Number of starts on today’s races track, at this distance, and the number of wins, second place, or third placings at this same track and distance.
What does t mean in greyhounds?
T = Trial. T = Trial. Report wondersobright • August 20, 2012 11:52 AM BST. also, T1 = solo, T2 = 2 dog trial, T3 = 3 dog trial etc. also, T1 = solo, T2 = 2 dog trial, T3 = 3 dog trial etc.
What number greyhound wins the most?
Number 1 (the red rug) appears to have plenty of room here as numbers 2 and 3 appear to be slower starters based on recent race history. The number 1 box also produces the most winners (see below “stats”), so we just want to then look at recent race times at Wentworth Park over 520m compared to the other greyhounds.
What is the fastest greyhound ever?
D. Greyhounds are the fastest dogs in the world, with a top speed of about 45 miles per hour. The highest verified speed of a greyhound was 41.8 miles per hour, set in Wyong, Australia in 1994. However, another Australian greyhound has an unofficial record of 50.5 miles per hour.
How do you bet on the dog strategy?
To Win: The simplest and most popular, this is simply a bet on your chosen dog to win the race. Each Way: One bet on the dog to win and another to the same stake for the dog to finish “placed”. The win portion will be paid at the full odds listed, with the place portion returning 1/4 of the win odds.
What is the highest grade in greyhound racing?
Types Of Grade The grades then continue in numbers, up to A1, which is the best grade at any particular track. Each greyhound is registered to a track, and if it races at that “home” track against an entire field of other dogs registered to that same track, then the race will be graded with a number (A1-8).
What does M mean in greyhound racing?
(m) – Middle Runner. Mld – Middle.
What does HP mean in greyhound racing?
“HP Class” is a type of races where weaker dogs gets handicap at the start. This handicap is expressed in the less length of the distance. For example, “R10” means that a dog will begin the race with the 10 meters advantage over the rest dogs.