- 1 How do I reset my Samsung TV Guide?
- 2 Does Samsung TV have a guide?
- 3 How do I get the channel guide on my smart TV?
- 4 How do I get my Samsung TV to scan for channels?
- 5 How do I get to the setup menu on my Samsung TV?
- 6 Why can’ti get the guide on my TV?
- 7 Why is my Samsung TV not responding to the remote?
- 8 How do you do a soft reset on a Samsung Smart TV?
- 9 Where is guide on Samsung TV?
- 10 Is there an app for Samsung TV?
- 11 How do I use Tizen on my Samsung TV?
- 12 How do I program channels on my Samsung TV?
- 13 Why is my Samsung TV not finding channels?
- 14 How do I reinstall my Samsung TV plus?
How do I reset my Samsung TV Guide?
Factory reset the TV
- Open Settings, and then select General.
- Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
- To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
- If these steps don’t match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.
Does Samsung TV have a guide?
Samsung TVs: With the Guide you can see what’s on now and what’s coming up next. Note: You can access the Guide by pressing in on CH on a Samsung Smart Remote, or by pressing GUIDE on a standard remote. Galaxy devices: You can access your the Guide in the LIVE section of the app.
How do I get the channel guide on my smart TV?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Source menu. First, go to the Home menu, and navigate to the Source icon, on the far left.
- Connect your antenna.
- Select the source.
- Start scanning for channels.
- Complete the setup.
- Start watching live TV.
- Use the channel guide.
How do I get my Samsung TV to scan for channels?
TRY THESE FIRST.
- Select “Menu” on your remote.
- Choose the “Channel” or “Broadcasting” menu. ( The exact menu name will differ based on your model)
- Select “Auto Program”
- If you’re prompted whether to scan for “Air” or “Cable,” select “Air.” ( Many TVs may not ask, and will scan for both automatically)
Access the Settings menu Press the Home button. From the Home screen, use the directional pad on your TV remote to navigate to and select Settings. From here, select and adjust your desired options.
Why can’ti get the guide on my TV?
If you’re having issues with the guide: Make sure you’re connected to the internet, with a broadband speed of at least 2Mbps. Close the app fully and restart it. Check for an updated version of the app on the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS to see if one is available.
Why is my Samsung TV not responding to the remote?
There are a number of reasons why your remote may not be working. The most common are physical damage, battery issues, pairing issues, or issues with the infrared sensor on the remote or TV. If it seems like it’s pressing buttons by itself, it may actually be that your TV’s controls are dirty.
How do you do a soft reset on a Samsung Smart TV?
There are two ways to soft reset your TV. Press and hold the power button on your remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.
Where is guide on Samsung TV?
On most models, navigate to and select Universal Guide from the Home screen. For 2020 and 2021 TV models, open the Home screen, and then press Down to locate the Universal Guide.
Is there an app for Samsung TV?
You can download your favorite video streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, or Vudu. You also have access to music streaming apps like Spotify and Pandora. From the TV’s Home screen, navigate to and select APPS, and then select the Search icon in the top-right corner.
How do I use Tizen on my Samsung TV?
Connect the SDK to the TV
- Open the Smart Hub.
- Select the Apps panel.
- In the Apps panel, enter 12345 using the remote control or the onscreen number keypad. The following popup appears.
- Switch Developer mode to On.
- Enter the host PC IP you want to connect to the TV, and click OK.
- Reboot the TV.
How do I program channels on my Samsung TV?
Scan for local over the air channels
- Change the source on your TV to TV.
- Use the directional pad or arrow buttons on your remote to select Settings.
- Select Broadcasting, and then select Auto Program.
- Select Start to begin auto-programming, and then select either Both, Air, or Cable.
Why is my Samsung TV not finding channels?
If your Samsung TV is not getting all channels you will need to go to the source menu and select ‘ TV ‘ > then connect your antenna to the RF connector on the back of the TV and select ‘Chanel Scan’ > select either ‘Air, Cable, or Both’ and scan for all available channels that have a reliable signal.
How do I reinstall my Samsung TV plus?
If you try this sequence and you are still not able to see the Samsung TV Plus app, go to ‘Home’ > ‘Live TV’ > ‘Channel List’ > ‘Edit Channels’ > ‘Restore Samsung TV Plus. ‘ Once this process has taken place, turn off your TV and turn it back on.