- 1 How can I become a tour guide in the Philippines?
- 2 How do you become a tour guide?
- 3 What education do you need to be a tour guide?
- 4 How much money can you make as a tour guide?
- 5 What are the types of tour?
- 6 What career can I do with tourism?
- 7 Is a tour guide a good job?
- 8 What should a tour guide say?
- 9 What skills does a tour guide need?
- 10 How do I start a tour guide company?
- 11 What is the duty of a tour guide?
- 12 What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
- 13 How much money does a tour guide make per hour?
- 14 Where do tour guides make the most money?
How can I become a tour guide in the Philippines?
Travel Guide Applicant Requirements:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years degree in Bachelor of Tourism or Hotel & Restaurant Management.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and be fluent in English and Tagalog.
- Pleasing personality with a positive attitude.
How do you become a tour guide?
How to Become A Tour Guide
- Step 1 – Determine whether you actually want this job, and have the skills necessary.
- Step 2 – Determine what kind of guiding job you want.
- Step 3 – Get training and licenses, if necessary.
- Step 4 – Get hired or start your own business.
- Step 5 – Start working, and never stop learning!
What education do you need to be a tour guide?
There are no formal education requirements for tour guides, though most have at least a high school diploma. Training and certification programs are available from a variety of travel guide associations, such as the World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations.
How much money can you make as a tour guide?
Generally speaking, tour guides can earn between $50 and $150 per day taking a lot of factors into consideration such as experience, locations, training, type of tour, and others. Aside from this, many tour companies encourage their passengers to tip the tour guides, so this can bump up your salary dramatically.
What are the types of tour?
There are 3 main types of tours:
- Sightseeing Tours.
- Shore Excursion Tours.
- Adventure or Sporting Tours.
- Other Types of Tours.
- Combining Tours.
What career can I do with tourism?
Top 10 Careers in Tourism and Hospitality
- 1) Travel Agent. Travel Agents research, plan, and book trips for individuals and groups.
- 2) Hotel Manager.
- 3) Spa Manager.
- 4) Tour Operator.
- 5) Event & Conference Organiser.
- 6) Tour Guide.
- 7) Executive Chef.
- 8) Sommelier.
Is a tour guide a good job?
Becoming a tour guide is one of the most rewarding and exhilarating ways to see the world, learn about a country’s culture and history while sharing your love of travel with people just like you. Here’s 8 reasons why being a tour guide is the best way to travel the world and still earn a living.
What should a tour guide say?
Here you find some examples of welcoming.
- Welcome. I’m Helina, your guide for this tour. I’ll tell you all about the things you will see.
- Hello everyone. My name is Tiiu.
- Dear guests, Let me introduce myself.
- Hi, everybody. I’m your tour guide Natalja.
- Hi, everybody.
What skills does a tour guide need?
There are six key skills of a tour guide that you should be carrying out on your tours:
- Communication. It should go without saying that every tour guide worth their salt has excellent communication skills.
- A sense of humour.
How do I start a tour guide company?
Choose a business niche
- Find your passion. The first step to starting your own tour company is to know what you’re passionate about.
- Evaluate your city.
- Identify your target market.
- Research your competitors.
- Name your tour business.
- Register your business.
- Get your business license and permits.
- Register as a tour guide.
What is the duty of a tour guide?
Tour guides ensure that itineraries are met and that customers are being informed in an entertaining manner the location they are touring. They are also responsible for ensuring the safety of the group and ensuring that tour groups remain together. Tour guides are employed by tour companies, resorts and attractions.
What are the disadvantages of being a tour guide?
Disadvantages of Being a Tour Guide
- Tour guides often have to work on weekends.
- Your schedule can change without prior notice.
- You don’t make much money as a tour guide.
- Many tour guides need a second job to survive.
- Short-term contracts are pretty common.
- Seasonality plays a big role in the life of tour guides.
How much money does a tour guide make per hour?
The average wage for a tour guide in the United States is around $11.32 per hour.
Where do tour guides make the most money?
Hawaii, California and Alaska are the top states in the U.S. to pay tour guides the highest salaries.